Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Import csv file with varbinary(max) using SQL Server Management Studio

So, I was never able to figure out how to import the varbinary(max) with the SQL Server Management Studio. I ended up using SSMS to create an import query, then updated the query. A pain, but it worked.

I found out the issue was, I was using SQL Server management studio and created a select query. Once I had the results I copied the table into a CSV file. The issue was the information copied over into text. When I tried to import this information, it translated the information as varbinary which resulted in a different result. I ended up dropping this technique. I later tried to import this data from a duplicate database which resolve my problem.

Found this... wasn't sure if it would help someone else.
I did see later on that switching the file type to windows-1251 will work.


No comments: